WHO AM I?
An accomplished executive with 24 years of progressive responsibility in international postal operations, strategy and sales, with a proven ability to develop and implement international projects and a verifiable track record of maximizing international postal operations revenue. Effective in developing relationships with international partners and organisations. Have led key initiatives that significantly improved the quality of service of international mail in Slovenia Post.
- Director of International Mail at Slovenia’s national postal operator Pošta Slovenije d. o. o., responsible for daily management of international postal and logistics operations, customs operations, international accounting, international product sales management, new business development and planning and project management, since 2008.
- Extensive experience in the operations of international postal organisations:
- Active member of the UPU’s Restricted Union PostEurop Management Board (2014–2016, 2017–2019, 2020-2022), chairing the Marketing Activities Circle focusing on stamps and philately, new emerging industry trends, such as blockchain and online platforms, and campaigns, such as Keep me Posted EU, Two sides and others;
- Long-standing member of a number of steering committees within the International Post Corporation (IPC);
- Participated in the work of the UPU, attending several UPU congresses – Beijing 1999, Bucharest 2004, Geneva 2008, Doha 2012 and the 2018 Extraordinary Congress in Addis Ababa;
- UPU National Quality of Service Coordinator responsible for projects, one of which received the 2014 Postal Technology Award for the Digital Innovation of the Year;
- Founding member of the UPU’s Restricted Union Postal Union for the Mediterranean (PUMed), officially established in Rome in 2011 by 14 postal operators and member of the PUmed’s Board of Directors for the cycle 2020–2022.
- Actively involved in the research and innovation projects – part of the EU HORIZON 2020 project team on cognitive logistics that involves core technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence, Social Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics, and aims to open the postal industry towards Logistics 4.0.
- Chairman of the Slovenian Stamp Advisory Committee.
- Lecturer in International Postal Operations at the Vocational College of Postal Services and Telecommunications in Ljubljana.
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Feniksšped freight and forwarding company (2011–2018).
- Regular speaker at international conferences and events related to international postal services.
B.Sc. in Economics (Foreign Trade), University of Maribor, Faculty of Economics and Business, 1996.